Sustainability and Environmental Management Policy Statement
At Castle Chemicals, we are committed to ensuring that we fulfil the requirements of applicable Australian and International Standards, and we are guided by our company’s environmental policy and principles and guidelines of AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 – Environmental Management Systems.
We believe that sound environmental performance contributes to our competitive strength and benefits our customers, our employees and the wider community.
To achieve our environmental goals we are committed to the principle of continual improvement and prevention of pollution. We have developed a framework to ensure that our activities and services comply with all applicable environmental standards and contribute to the well being of the communities in which we operate.
This policy is the cornerstone of our commitment to the environment. It will be communicated to all staff
throughout Castle Chemicals to ensure that all staff are involved in achieving our environmental objectives.
Our environmental objectives are:
- Consider our environmental responsibilities in all stages of product formulation, manufacture, filling and delivery, including plant design, operation, production and packaging.
- Optimize the recycling and minimisation of production waste materials and packaging.
- Monitor, evaluate and where possible reduce energy and water consumption.
- Monitor and evaluate our environmental initiatives through internal and external audits.
- Review our activities to develop objectives and targets to minimize the impact of the business on the local environment and develop appropriate programs to achieve these objectives.
- Optimize the use of biodegradable formulations and raw materials.
- Maximise use of recycled / recyclable packaging in product production.
- Formulate highly concentrated products / powders to minimise transport of water.
- Control product usage for our customers through the installation of automatic dispensing systems.
- Encourage a sense of environmental responsibility among all employees and customers through training, education and communication.
Castle Chemicals’ GREEN PRO product range has been specially formulated to achieve the best possible results with the smallest possible impact on the environment. Click here for more information.